5 Crucial Tips on PSD to Drupal Conversion You Must Know
The World Wide Web is a highly competitive territory and unless you use a robust technology for your web development you will figure nowhere in the race. PSD to Drupal is one of the most popular techniques in the CMS and website development industry. This state-of-art PHP based open source CMS account for every genre of website you can think of – social networks, ecommerce websites, photo galleries etc.
It offers advantages such as modular framework, menu management, RSS-feeds, user account registration, web page layout customization and many more. Drupal developers have a large and active community where they exchange ideas and troubleshoot each other’s problems. When you convert PSD to HTML/Drupal there are some important things that you need to keep in mind to ensure that your website stays ahead of the competition.
Five Tips You Must Keep In Mind
- Slice Precisely : You should slice your PSD file with surgical precession. Amateur developers tend to overlook this step and end up creating sloppy looking websites. You need to slice the file breaking it into logical sections of the website. Every slice should be put into a separate layer and exported individually as an image. These layers act as the building blocks of your PSD to Drupal template.
- Clean Coding : The quality of codes will decide the success of your website and thus you need to adopt clean coding techniques when you convert PSD to CSS/Drupal. Use semantic coding techniques as this will make the website friendly towards the search engines and generate more traffic. Remember the golden rule – hand code the website as the auto generated codes contain a lot of errors which hurt your SEO score and makes you web page unnecessarily heavy.
- W3C Validation : Once you have coded the PSD file it is very important that you validate them sticking to the standards of W3C. If there are any errors in your coding process, this validation will help you rectify them. This also ensures that your website will render uniformly across all the web browsers which is important to target a larger audience.
- Integration : This is the final step in the PSD to Drupal conversion process. Once you have converted all the files into HTML/XHTML and CSS you need to integrate them into the Drupal CMS. The integration needs to be executed with perfection using the latest methodologies as this will decide the functionality of the website as well as the user control in the admin.
- Professional Developer : Finally it would be wise for you to hire the services of a dedicated developer for your PSD to HTML/Drupal conversion project. The conversion needs a lot of expertise in areas such as cross browser computability, W3C validation, PSD to Drupal theme integration and HTML/XHTML/CSS mark-up languages. If these things aren’t executed properly you won’t have a robust website at your disposal. This makes it necessary for you to hire the services of a professional developer for the project.
About the Author
HTMLFirm is a professional PSD to HTML conversion company which converts your photoshop designs to high quality cross browser compatible, W3C validated and SEO semantic HTML/CSS markup. Check HTMLFirm.com for PSD to HTML5, PSD to CSS, PSD to Wordpress, PSD to Magento, PSD to Drupal, PSD to Joomla and much more.
Latest Articles about: File Conversion
2: How to Get a Perfect PSD to WordPress Conversion Provider
3: Simple Way to Convert Your Flash Videos to MOV Video Format
4: 2D conversion
5: Eco-Friendly Business Strategies: Digital Document Archiving